Checklist for Letters
- Is the quality of paper you’re using acceptable?
- Have you printed on one side only? If not, rather go an extra page.
- Is there sufficient personalisation?
- Is the most powerful benefit or strongest aspect of your offer stated at the start?
- Is your offer repeated in the letter, and in different ways?
- Is the offer stated clearly and simply?
- Does the text look overwhelming? What about indenting, revising paragraphs, highlights, underlining? Notes in margins? Are the margins wide enough?
- Can you use illustrations? Did you?
- Is there a P.S.?
- Have you made it clear what the reader must do? And by when? Is this contained in your closing paragraph?
- Is there an incentive for the reader to respond? At the very least, have you included a deadline?
- Is your entire package, especially the offer, in line with your overall marketing plan? Does it integrate properly with your other promotional activities?
- HAVE YOU SIGNED THE LETTER?